One last day with the group I’ve hiked with for much of the trail, we said some farewells and prepared for travel.
- We stayed at a Super 8. The breakfast buffet was super-lackluster.
- I did some planning for New Mexico. Stumblebee and Recon generously took care of laundry for them, me, and Fuck-It.
- We met up with Sprouts for pho for lunch. Afterwards, we went to a bar, and then a restaurant for an early dinner. We said goodbye to Sprouts, who would soon be on their way back to Minnesota with their friends.
- We got confirmation that Bass, Wild Man, and Velveeta have all made it back to East Glacier.
- We went to a grocery store to pick up a few things, then poked around a thrift store for a while. (Recon was looking for a luggage tag for his pack)
- I wrapped my pack in 90 meters of plastic wrap to protect it, as well as hold in the trekking poles and my sleeping pad.
We went to sleep “early”. My and Recon’s flight tomorrow to Albuquerque (by way of Minneapolis-Saint Paul) is at 6:30 am, and we’re getting up at 2:30 to get there to ensure plenty of time to make it through customs.