Fire & Snow Delay: Day 4: Petroglyphs
Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:16 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
We continued to be lazy today while we’re off-trail due to fire closures and snow, but at least we managed to go out for a short hike today.
- We went to the nearby Petroglyph National Monument this morning, hiking a two mile loop around Rinconada Canyon, looking at petroglyphs.
- Rather dramatic clouds sat over the Sandia Mountains to the east of Albuquerque. It even looked like it could rain.
- We went to Old Town Albuquerque for a short while, then returned to our Air B&B. Patches ordered a Lyft back; his phone died immediately after confirming the ride, so we weren’t entirely sure we’d get picked up until the car arrived.
- We invited Muenster Cheese over for dinner. Mr. Freeze cooked a delicious chicken curry.
- Muenster Cheese will be soon leaving on a bit of a whirlwind tour of the US, visiting friends, before returning home to Germany.