Fire & Snow Delay: Day 3: Snow Gear & Movies
Monday, May 23, 2022 11:44 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Today, we went to REI to pick up snow gear for Colorado.
- Simple let us know that Chairman is getting off-trail for a couple of weeks due to snow.
- So far, there haven’t been a whole lot of trip reports from hikers who have gone through the southern San Juans, but I’m hoping. There will be more reports later in the week as people have more time to make it through.
- We walked to the Albuquerque REI, which took longer than we expected. I picked up an ice axe and snow gaiters for Colorado. (I have a pair of microspikes that are on their way to the Chama Post Office.) I also picked up a new pair of boots. My current ones probably could last another week or two, but if we’re jumping up to snow, I’d rather have fresh tread.
- Patches remained at the Air B&B to rest his leg.
- With my shopping done for the day, I went to a nearby movie theater to watch Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Patches joined me for this.
- The weather out today was very nice. It was a little cool, and it was overcast. It would have been a great day for hiking.
This post contains links to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.