Day 69: Wait, Why Are We Still In Bishop?
Monday, May 28, 2018 10:45 pm
Location: Bishop / The Hostel California
We had planned on leaving Bishop today, after yesterday’s lazy double-zero, but got caught up in a wave of being lazy and relaxed and didn’t actually bother to try and get back on the trail, despite today being Memorial Day, which should have given us ample opportunities to hitchhike out.
- I had a breakfast of pop tarts and leftover soda from last night. (When I was still planning on leaving.)
- Quoi disappeared into a nap yesterday afternoon after packing her food, and woke up at 3 am.
- It is somewhat hot out now, down here in the valley.
- I finally got moved to a bottom bunk (in a room downstairs, so I don’t need to climb up the stairs anymore, too!)
- Planning on seeing Deadpool 2 tonight, I took a short nap.
- I joined in on a Jim Carrey VHS double-feature in the common room, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and Liar Liar.
- McDonald’s again for dinner.
- Dylan apparently got antsy and left to hitch back to the trailhead.
- Several of us went to see Deadpool 2. Bob Dog bought me a round of soda, popcorn, and snacks, which I did not finish eating throughout the movie. I was super-stuffed afterwards.
- Quoi missed the movie because of a miscommunication.
- Dylan was unsuccessful in actually getting a hitch, and returned to the hostel.
- We are definitely leaving tomorrow, after sending our bounce box from the post office, which doesn’t open until 9 am.
This post contains links to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.