Day 80: A Busy Day of Chores in Mammoth Lakes
Friday, June 8, 2018 9:39 pm
Location: Mammoth Lakes / Davison Street Guest House
Today was a very busy day of chores in Mammoth Lakes.
- The bed was quite comfortable, though I had some really weird trail-related dreams.
- The day started off with a very lazy morning.
- Quoi and I tried to catch the bus into town for chores, but we were a couple of minutes late and missed the bus, so we walked into town.
- Our first stop was the laundromat, where we dropped off our clothes to be washed.
- A trip to a gear store got me new boots and a new fuel canister. I also needed tent stakes, but they were out of the ones I wanted.
- A second gear store was the wrong sort of sporting goods store, and they didn’t have tent stakes that would actually be useful for me.
- We went to the food store for a 13 day resupply. This will cover three days to Tuolumne Meadows, 5 days to Sonora Pass / Kennedy Meadows North, and 5 days to South Lake Tahoe.
- We repackaged our food, and shipped food boxes off to Tuolumne Meadows and Kennedy Meadows North.
- We returned to the laundromat to pick up our clothes.
- At the post office, I redirected my bounce box to Stateline, NV (near the hostel we’re planning on staying at in South Lake Tahoe). Quoi sent her ice axe back home.
- In dire need of food (since we hadn’t had lunch yet, and it was now after 5 pm), we attempted to get sandwiches from Schat’s Bakery, but their sandwich bar closed a few hours earlier. We went to Slocum’s instead, and got cheap happy hour food.
- We took the bus back to the hostel.
- We extended our stay another day so we could actually have a day of rest.
- After hanging out for a bit, I retired to my bunk to take a short nap. After I woke up, I puttered around the internet for a couple of hours, and then went to sleep for real.