Day 114: Pool Day at Burney Mountain Guest Ranch
Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:28 pm
Location: Burney Mountain Guest Ranch
I wasn’t really expecting to zero at the Burney Mountain Guest Ranch, but, that’s what I did.
- I woke up around 6:45; since I had been up later than I should have been last night, I was still somewhat tired. Also, my feet still hurt a bit.
- Breakfast was waffles, eggs, sausage, and hash browns.
- After breakfast, it was already fairly hot outside, and I was rather enjoying the air conditioning in the main room at the ranch.
- I had two cheeseburgers for lunch.
- I finally got a shower after lunch, mostly so that I could go swimming in the pool.
- I went swimming in the pool. It was nice, but I think I got dehydrated a bit. The pool was also somewhat infested with dead wasps.
- I took a short nap (which, in my tent, in the sun, wasn’t terribly restful).
- Dinner was (large) baked potatoes and a salad.
- I was fairly productive and got caught up significantly on blog posts.
- Quoi’s foot is doing better, and is less swollen than it was yesterday. She’s still taking the day off tomorrow to not risk further injury while it is healing.
- I’m hiking out tomorrow. I have five days of food to get to the town of Mount Shasta, so even though there’s a heat wave, I’m not terribly concerned about potentially going slower in the heat.