Day 15: Zero in Las Palmas
Saturday, February 5, 2022 10:35 pm
Location: Gran Canaria: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (311.0 km)
Today, we took a well-earned zero: we relaxed and didn’t go anywhere on the trail.
Zeroes are lazy days, so here’s some bullet points instead of prose:
- Amber made us avocado toast and the best scrambled eggs we have ever had.
- We spent two or three hours planning the next island, Tenerife. The planning was exhausting. We expect to hike the 93.5 km (58 miles) in four days.
- CareFree, Eric, Amber, and I went into the old part of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, wandered around for a couple of hours, and got lunch.
- Later, we went down to the beach nearish their home for dinner. We had 7:30 pm dinner reservations, about 45 minutes after sunset. The beach was well-lit by lights, and was very busy.
- Roughly two hours later, after we finished eating, we went to an ice cream shop; the beach was still surprisingly active.
- We returned to Eric and Amber’s home and prepared to leave tomorrow morning on a ferry to Tenerife.