Content tagged with “Long Trail”
The Long Trail, which runs the length of Vermont, from the Massachusetts border to Canada, is the oldest long-distance hiking trail in America. Roughly 270 miles long, the Long Trail inspired the creation of the Appalachian Trail, which follows the Long Trail for about 100 miles in southern Vermont, before heading east to head towards the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire.
The Long Trail is maintained by the Green Mountain Club.
- VT 9 (gap between Greylock and MA 2) / Williamstown Motel (7/24/2016 11:23 pm)
- Stratton-Arlington Rd (7/27/2016 10:20 pm)
- VT 11-VT 30 / Manchester Center / Red Sled Motel (7/28/2016 7:12 pm)
- Brooklyn Rd (7/29/2016 9:06 pm)
- VT 103 / Yellow Deli Hiker Hostel (7/30/2016 8:29 pm)
- (1700.8 US 4 - 1706.4 River Rd) / Green Mountain House (8/1/2016 10:01 pm)